ABOUT MILK RIVER RANCH
Offering productive irrigated farmland near Harlem, Montana, Milk River Ranch is a property with both quality production and excellent recreational attributes.
With 698± total deeded acres, 492± of which are irrigated, the ranch has 80± acres that have been historically planted into corn silage, feeding 300-350 Animal Units (AU) for 6 months; 100-120± acres into oats or triticale; and the balance of the farmed ground in alfalfa/grass mixed hay. In a typical year, two cuttings are harvested which produce 4-5 tons per acre on average. In the summer months, the ranch can summer 50-80 AU by utilizing the river beds and crop residue. There are 3 separate cattle working facilities, two homes with garages, a large shop, and an additional barn.
Milk River Ranch boasts over 2 miles of Milk River frontage and gives a new owner excellent fishing and hunting opportunities. The ranch has direct highway access onto Highway 2 making it an easy commute to the town of Harlem or the larger towns of Havre and Malta, Montana. Pride of ownership is evident on this property, and no shortcuts were taken by the current owner. This property could serve as a great hay-base to several large summer grazing units available in the region.
- 698± total acres, 492± irrigated acres
- Reliably gets 2 cuttings of hay, producing 4-5 tons per acre on average
- 2± miles of Milk River frontage
- Cattle-ready with 3 sets of cattle working pens
- Excellent on-property and nearby fishing and hunting opportunities
- Two homes with garages, plus 2 shops, and a barn
- Ample and dependable surface water sources plus various stock tanks
- 4 miles to Harlem, 38 miles to Havre
- All water and mineral rights actually owned by seller will convey to buyer at closing
Looking for a property like Milk River Ranch? Contact us for information about a similar, off-market listing.