ABOUT ROCKIN JN RANCH
Located in French Basin, just off of the East fork of the Bitterroot River, near Sula, MT lies the Rockin JN Ranch, 545 acres of rolling hills, mountain backdrop, ponds and a luxurious ranch house in prime elk and mule deer country.
Surrounded by both State and National Forest and a neighboring conservation easement, Rockin JN Ranch has stunning views of Trapper Peak and end of the road privacy.
- Surrounded by a State and National Forest the location is perfect for hiking, horseback riding and game watching.
- With multiple ponds on the property, the combination of water, feed and protection creates an ideal habitat for elk and other wildlife to thrive.
- Set in one of the most coveted areas in Montana for hunting, Hunting District 270.
- Custom 5,812 SF timber-frame home with open-plan living room, dining room and family room sits atop a ridge for unprecedented views.
- Fully outfitted chef’s kitchen includes premium stainless steel appliances, generous walk-in pantry and custom cabinetry.
- Living room features an impressive grand stone Rumsford-style stone and wood fireplace that sits opposite floor to ceiling height windows with 360° views of the adjacent snowcapped peaks.
- Additional property improvements include a three bed manager’s home offered furnished, two bedroom guest apartment, machine shop and greenhouse.
- The ranch tractor, 2 dump trucks with snow blades, and other ranch tools, equipment, and sprayer, plus snowmobiles and 4-wheelers, are included in the transaction.
- Property is primed with an additional shovel ready building site with well, power and septic installed.
- An additional 124.48 +/-acres near the Rockin JN Ranch is now available for purchase.
- Near the East Fork of the Bitterroot River, Big Hole River and Lost Trail Powder Mountain for downhill skiing.
- Ravalli County Airport is located 30 minutes away in Hamilton, MT. Commercial air service is 45 minutes.
Surrounded by the Bitterroot Mountains to the west and the Anaconda-Pintlar Wilderness area directly to the east, perfect for seeing the stars in the Montana night sky. Multiple gates provide private access to thousands of acres of public forest lands and trails.
A grand stone Rumsford-style fireplace anchors the cathedral height great room, complimented by gorgeous stone and exquisite woodwork throughout. The main level also features a master suite, powder room and library.
A fully equipped chef’s kitchen and dining area includes premium stainless appliances, a large kitchen island, convenient walk in pantry and custom cabinetry.
The home features a master bedroom suite and an additional guest bedroom for family and friends. A full finished walk out daylight level features a recreation room with a custom wall with exotic wood inlay from the Gibson guitar factory.
In addition to this luxury home, the ranch has a 3 bedroom manager’s home with 2 bedroom apartment, a greenhouse and 2 large shops on the expansive property. Rockin JN Ranch has everything you need whether this is your full time residence or vacation retreat.
The property is also primed with an additional shovel ready building site with well, power and septic installed.
The property includes 5 ponds, supporting a thriving wildlife habitat.
The location of Rockin JN Ranch provides easy access to native rolling grasslands and timber, ideal for hiking or horseback riding. The property hosts a diverse wildlife population including deer, bear and elk. Hunting enthusiasts will enjoy nearby Hunting District 270, the area’s most coveted hunting area in Montana.
In Montana, unit 270 is considered one of the top trophy mule deer units in the state. Tag holders can expect to see 20+ quality bucks per day. Each year you see bucks that score 190+ B&C including some that score over 200 B&C inches. The average deer in this unit scores around 180 inches gross. This district is one of the hardest in Montana to get a mule deer tag but 15% of the 45 permits are guaranteed to resident and nonresident landowners alike. This is one of the most coveted hunting permits in the state for mule deer.
Also, the owner of Rockin JN Ranch will have access to more than 100,000 acres of timbered public land for recreational pursuits.