Market Update for Q3 of 2021
Fall has arrived, and we’re expecting a strong finish to 2021. But first, we want to take a moment to reflect on the third quarter in the Montana ranch market and share some important updates.
Q3 buyer demand continued to challenge the inventory in Montana, and we saw strong sales throughout the quarter. Western Ranch Brokers closed on the following properties:
- Milligan Canyon Ranch | Three Forks, Montana | 11,118 ± acres | Listed @ $18.5M
- Dykstra Farms | Belgrade, Montana | All Parcels | Listed @ $11.4M
- Westland Jackrabbit | Belgrade, Montana | 174± acres | Listed @ $13.5M
- Razor Creek Ranch | Shepherd, Montana | 5,851± acres | Listed @ $2.95M
- Gallatin Valley Homestead | Manhattan, Montana | 320± acres| Listed @ $1.95M
- Big Hole Braids | Wise River, Montana | 122 ±acres | Listed @ $1.3M
- Flint Creek Retreat | Hall, Montana | 20± acres | Listed @ $425,000
The Q3 selling and buying activity that we experienced is also reinforced by the statistics shared by the Montana Land Source. As of October 4, 2021, year-to-date sales are up 45% compared to 2020 year-to-date. Median days on the market today compared to this date in 2020 is down from 487 days to 207 days with an 8% per acre median sale price increase.
Other Western Ranch Brokers activity in Q3 included sponsorship of local events such as the Livingston Roundup, Central Montana RAM Pro Rodeo, and the VL Arena Jackpot Summer Series Ropings.
If you’re thinking about selling, now is an ideal time to list your property with the Western Ranch Brokers team. We have the experience, market knowledge, and qualified buyers to assure a successful outcome. We pride ourselves on providing comprehensive, professional, personalized service on every transaction.
Interested in buying a legacy-quality ranch? Our current listings can be found here.
Whether you’re buying or selling, find out how we can go to work for you.
Jim, Bill & Caleb
Western Ranch Brokers
The information contained herein was obtained from sources deemed to be reliable. Western Ranch Brokers makes no warranties or guarantees as to the completeness or accuracy thereof.