ABOUT BASIN RANCH
Nestled in a large basin surrounded by the Billings Rimrocks, the Basin Ranch is the quintessential Eastern Montana ranch holding offering its owner a much deserved reprieve from the daily grind. A well-positioned ranch home centered within 10,172± total acres (9,532± deeded acres) overlooks the old homestead place from atop a bluff. The views are expansive, the wildlife is plentiful, and only one neighboring ranch is within sight.
The Basin Ranch is currently operated as a successful cattle operation less than 20 miles from the state’s largest city center —Billings, Montana.
- 10,172± total acres (9,532± acres deeded)—one of the few available ranches of this size minutes outside of Billings, Montana
- This family-owned property is a well-maintained and successful cattle operation
- 1,400± acres of tillable acreage currently in improved pasture
- 2.25± miles of seasonal South Fork Crooked Creek
- Wells, springs and extensive sage grouse habitat and identified leks
- Mule deer, antelope and upland birds are prevalent, with seasonal elk
- The 4-bed, 3-bath owner’s home ideally placed on a bluff overlooking the ranch
- Other improvements include a manager’s home, numerous outbuildings and a hangar
- Located less than 20 miles from Montana’s largest city and Billings International Airport
- An easy escape with all of the conveniences and amenities
The Basin Ranch offers multiple opportunities: continue to operate it as a cattle ranch; rotate to grain and/or crops when commodity prices are more favorable; implement a sage grouse conservation easement with Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks; and more. All water rights and mineral rights owned by the seller will convey with the property.